Skip to content ↓


The curriculum at De Salis Studio College is different to that offered elsewhere in other local schools as it is designed to combine learning with work and focus on ensuring that students are fully prepared for what lies ahead. 

Using the CREATE skills framework, learners develop a specific skills set, made up of communication, relating to others, enterprise, application, thinking and emotional intelligence. In short, the necessary skills and experience to ensure that De Salis students are highly employable individuals.

Core subjects are of paramount importance with students having the opportunity to study the following GCSEs - separate and combined science (biology, chemistry and physics), English language, English literature, computing, mathematics, economics, psychology, statistics, geography and French.  Students also benefit from the vocational curriculum, following courses for professional qualifications, such as the Certificate in Financial Education (CeFE) and Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS).

De Salis is able to offer Post 16 students a comprehensive range of A level subjects through working in collaboration with our partner schools, Rosedale College and Hewens College. 

Work placements are considered to be essential for all De Salis students, both at Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5 to obtain real life experience of the workplace. 

Through a team of highly experienced teachers and associate staff, the core curriculum is delivered to ensure that every student is able to progress at a pace which reflects their abilities and ambitions.  With accelerated learning, the norm, the most able students are well placed to complete qualifications in advance of their peers elsewhere.  Equally, there is considerable one-to-one support for those who would otherwise encounter barriers to their learning.  The Learning Coach ensures that the student is able to navigate their chosen pathway and ultimately achieve success. 

In Year 10, students study a core curriculum of English, Mathematics and Science, gaining traditional qualifications in all of these subject areas.  Accounting for approximately 40% of curriculum time, the remaining 60% is assigned to project based work with a number of mandatory units contributing to a business qualification.  Each student is also able to select optional specialist units adding to a qualification suitable for a career in either business accounting, financial services and banking; business information systems and computer science; customer service and retail; international business and languages; and business law and consumer rights.  Unique to the studio school model, the Personal Coach is on hand throughout to support the learner, having the necessary experience to provide advice and guidance.

To find out more about the curriculum De Salis Studio College follows, please contact Mrs Chelsea Jones, details as below, who will direct your enquiry to the appropriate member of staff. Thank you.

Postal Address: De Salis Studio College, Hewens Road, Hayes, Middlesex UB4 8JP
Telephone: 020 3819 3421
Email Address: