Cycling to and from College - Help your child stay safe!
Cycling to college is a very enjoyable and healthy means of transport for students. However, please ensure that the following guidance is taken into consideration when allowing your child to cycle to college:
• Students must be competent cyclists and fully aware of the rules for safe cycling on the road
• Students must show due care and attention and must cycle in a manner that is not dangerous to themselves, pedestrians or other road users
• The bicycle must be maintained in a roadworthy and safe condition • Students must wear a cycle helmet
• Wear fluorescent or reflective clothing
• The bicycle must be equipped with adequate lighting especially during the winter months or at other times when required
• The bicycle must be wheeled once on the college campus and not ridden so as to reduce the risk of an accident Once at college students must secure the bicycle with a chain and/ or lock in the cycle bay only. The College cannot accept responsibility for theft of bicycles or parts from bicycles, for damage to, or accidents arising from use of bicycles, or for non-compliance with laws relating to bicycles.